The Application Process:
The 2017 Camp Kids Are Kids Chicago camper applications are open until Friday, June 30th. You will know if your application has been accepted by mid July. Applications can only be accepted if they are completed in their entirety. This application process should only take approximately 25 minutes.
Information & Items You Will Need:
- Camper Information (Details regarding your child’s diagnosis, contact information for your child’s providers, emotional/behavioral needs, allergies and special dietary information, insurance information, photo of your child)
- Camper Liability Waivers (consent for your child you participate in camp activities, receive needed medical treatment while at camp and your consent for photos to be taken and shared)
- Medications (you will need to have all of your child’s medications entered into the system, including over-the-counter medications)
After the Online Application:
- Please pay close attention for an email with required medical forms attached to it. All of these forms must be completed and turned in for review by our medical team before we can accept any camper. We can only accept applications that have been filled out in their entirety, so it is important to get these done as soon as possible.
- Your completed file will be reviewed by both medical staff and our program staff and we will be back in touch with you. If you have not heard from us by June 15th, please call (312) 912-5308.
How to make Changes or Update Your Application:
1. Log onto your account
2. Click on the name you need to update
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see all of the online forms you completed, you can edit any of these as needed. If you have questions during the application process, please call us at (312) 912-5308 for assistance.
Eligibility for Camp Kids Are Kids Chicago
Camp Kids Are Kids Chicago is for children who have been diagnosed with cancer (currently in treatment or in remission) who are between the ages of 7 to 17.
Applications must be fully completed by Friday, June 30th to be considered for enrollment into Camp Kids Are Kids Chicago. All applications are reviewed and acceptance is based on space, prior camp attendance, health care needs and staffing ratios. We will notify you if your application has been accepted by mid-July.
Due to the limited number of bunks, it is Camp Kids Are Kids Chicago’s policy that after your child’s second experience with us, we will help with the transition to other local Pediatric Oncology camps that can serve a larger number of campers. Previous campers who have attended our camp for two years are welcomed to apply for camp for another year with the understanding that they will be placed on a waiting list.
If you have questions or concerns about whether or not your child is eligible, feel free to give us a call at (312) 912-5308 or email our Camp Director, Rich Brundige, at email@example.com. We’ll be happy to answer any questions.
Completed application materials may also be sent via mail, email or fax:
Camp Kids Are Kids Chicago
55 West Monroe #2503
Chicago, IL 60603
Phone: (312) 912-5308